We hold various types of information that we review, retain or dispose of according to NHS rules. Our information is classed into seven categories:
- Who we are
- Our services
- Financial information
- Information for patients and the public
- Our policies and procedures
- This guide.
Class 1: Who we are
Details of all the dentists, dental therapists and dental hygienists are contained in the practice information leaflet. Details include name and date of first registration with the General Dental Council, specialist status and whether they are full or part-time. The name of the practice manager is also included.
Class 2: Our services
Information about our services is contained in the practice’s patient information leaflet that is available at Reception. The information includes:
- Opening times
- Arrangements for emergency care
- Details of access to the premises for people with disabilities
- Whether we have a dental hygienist
- Information about the care and treatment provided by the practice
NHS treatment is a wide range of private treatment is available on request as well as all standard NHS treatment.
Class 3: Financial information
We have information about:
For up to date NHS charges please click Here.
Entitlement to exemption and remission from NHS dental charges
- Children under 18 and young people in full time education who are under 19
- Pregnant women
- Women who have had a baby in the last 12 months
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-ralated Employment & Support Allowance
- Tax Credit (full exemption certificate)
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- HC2 (full remission) or HC3 (partial remission) Certificate
If you do not fall into any of these categories, you may still be able to get help with NHS dental costs by filling in a HC1 form (Claim for help with health costs)
Our private charges are available on request
Our NHS funding is an annual budget based on historical earnings. Patients who are not exempt from payments must pay towards their dental treatment. Payment is made on the day of treatment.
Class 4: Information for patients and the public
We make available information leaflets about:
- Types of dental treatment
- Healthy diet
- Healthy teeth
- Reducing anxiety about dental care
- Other health information
- NHS information leaflets.
Copies of leaflets are available from Reception.
Class 5: Complaints
We have a practice complaints procedure, a copy of which is available from Kirna Amin.
Class 6: Practice policies
We have policies and procedures that ensure that the practice operates in a safe and efficient manner. These include:
- Data protection
- Data security
- Health and Safety
- Radiation protection
- Infection control
- Payments policy
- Equal opportunities.
Copies of the policies are available from Reception.
Class 7: This guide
This guide will be reviewed regularly and we will also keep the list of publications up to date.
From January 2005 we will be required by the Freedom of Information Act to respond to requests from the public to access recorded information that we hold. There are some exemptions to this right and it does not change the rights of our patients to have all of their personal information kept strictly confidential and available to them on request.